I will be doing a Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session this Friday, 2nd May, starting at 4pm UK time (11am Eastern; 10am Central; 9am Mountain; 8am Pacific) and running through that day. Here’s the direct link to my AMA post. You can ask me absolutely anything about The Knowledge and rebuilding civilisation from scratch, and I would love to hear your thoughts on what you would consider to be the crucial information to preserve!
The Reddit Ask Me Anything session has now closed, but the entire discussion is still available to peruse through. Take a look at some of these questions:
- What is the most likely hazard to collapse civilisation?
- Which form of apocalypse would offer the greatest potential for a quick recovery?
- What steps have utilities taken so far to prepare against CMEs?
- What tools would be the most useful?
- What could be expected within the first few weeks after a catastrophe?
- What basic technology should everyone master?
- How can you ensure your drinking water is disinfected?
- Why should we want to reboot civilisation?
- What could you change if starting again from scratch?
- We’ve already used up the most accessible supplies of coal, oil, etc – if we have to redo the Industrial Revolution, how would we deal with that?
- Which will happen first: self-sustaining colonies on other planets in the solar system, or the collapse of civilisation on Earth?
- How long would it take for all traces of human civilization to disappear?
- How do you get from Leicester Square to Vauxhall Bridge, avoiding Pimlico?